General Motors Japan Melancarkan Corvette C8 Di Jepun Dengan Harga RM445k
Ini bermakna Corvette spesifikasi Jepun tidak lama lagi boleh didapati di sini juga.
Berita baik kepada mereka yang mengidamkan Chevrolet Corvette pacuan kanan. Setelah membuat kemunculannya secara rasmi di Jepun baru-baru ini, ianya sudah pasti, bahawasanya tidak lama kemudian beberapa supercar Amerika mempunyai jalan masuk ke garaj peminat kaya raya di sini juga.
Fikirkanlah. Enjin V8 yang sebenar. 495bhp dan 637Nm, masa pecutan 0-100km / j 2.9 saat dan kelajuan tertinggi 330km / j. Ya, cukai jalan RM16,530 setahun danmakan minyak. Walau bagaimanapun, jika kedua-dua masalah ini mengganggu anda, maka jelas bahawa anda tidak mampu supercar ini yang lebih murah daripada Porsche 911, jauh lebih murah daripada Ferrari, Portofino dan kira-kira separuh harga Lamborghini.
Tambahan, anda mendapat kekuatan American muscle car yang sebenar dan mungkin yang terakhir seumpamanya sebelum kita diambil alih oleh hibrid dan elektrik.
Ini juga pertama kalinya Corvette tersedia dari kilang dengan pacuan kanan, berita mengenai perkara ini semestinya tidak akan mengejutkan lagi memandangkan Chevrolet sendiri telah menjadikan fakta ini rasmi untuk sementara waktu. Walau bagaimanapun, apa yang menjadi cerita di sini ialah bahawa kereta RHD ini akhirnya membuat debut umum, dengan pelancaran awalnya baru-baru ini berlaku di Jepun, sebelum pengenalannya di UK dan Australia tidak lama lagi.
Akan tersedia dalam enam warna trim dan empat pilihan dalaman, harga runcit untuk Corvettes pacuan kanan ini di Jepun bermula dari ¥11,800,000 (RM445,000 sebelum kos cukai & penghantaran) untuk coupe 2LT sebelum meningkat menjadi ¥15,500,000 (RM585,000 sebelum kos cukai & penghantaran ) untuk drop top.
Angka ini tentu saja tidak termasuk beberapa pilihan penyesuaian kilang yang boleh dimiliki dengan kereta sport Amerika ini.
Mungkin lebih berkaitan dengan rakyat Malaysia yang ingin mengimportnya tidak lama lagi tetapi mungkin akan menjadi berita bahawa mendapatkannya di sini kemungkinan terpaksa menunggu. Itu bukan masalah besar berbanding permintaan untuk Corvettes ini sangat tinggi di Jepun dengan peruntukan awal 300 unit sudah digunakan dalam masa 60 jam dari pengumuman pra-penjualan tahun lalu, dan masalah yang lagi besar adalah kerana pengeluaran kilang Bowling Green di Kentucky di mana kereta ini dibuat secara eksklusif telah dihentikan kerana tiada alatan.
PRESS RELEASE: Engineered to be a true supercar for every day
Corvette’s structure is built around its backbone: the center tunnel. This enables a light, stiff structure to serve as the foundation for the suspension system to perform in an optimized manner. By removing unwanted body compliance, Corvette customers will experience the ultimate in ride performance with outstanding lateral grip capabilities. The car has a solid, connected-to-the-road feel with minimal vibrations at high speeds or on long road trips.
The tunnel-dominant approach offers many advantages, including:
- Improved torsional rigidity with a solid, connected feel on both the road and track.
- Outstanding ingress/egress for a mid-engine vehicle. Unlike some competitors, there’s no need for oversized rocker panels to bear structural and load weights, making it easier to enter and exit the vehicle.
- Excellent stability due to a low center of gravity and outstanding handling.
- Preservation of Corvette’s beloved standard removable roof panel, which can easily be stored in the rear trunk.
- A front storage compartment that can fit an airline-spec carry-on and a laptop bag.
- Availability in both left- and right-hand-drive variants — a first for Corvette.
- Smart packaging with improved cabin comfort, including an additional inch of rearward seat travel and almost double the reclining angle.
The all-new Corvette Stingray is built with a smart mixed-materials strategy, enabling key features such as:
A strong, stiff and lightweight main structure of six high-pressure diecast aluminum parts, also known as the Bedford Six, which are manufactured at GM Powertrain in Bedford, Indiana. These minimize the number of joints within the vehicle, making a stiffer structure that aids in handling and track cornering.
Industry-first carbon fiber curved rear bumper beam for weight reduction.
Front and rear trunk tubs and dashboard molded from ultra-lightweight “float” derived from fiberglass and a proprietary resin. The material is so light that it can actually float in water. It works with other fiberglass and carbon fiber variants to lower mass and reduce noise and vibration.
Handling: core to Corvette’s fun-to-drive DNA
The Stingray is designed for superior ride comfort on the highway and well-balanced handling on the track.
The new Stingray features coil over dampers that create entirely new ride and handling characteristics. The mid-engine architecture allows for a short, straight and stiff steering system, coupled with an updated electronic steering system, making the driver’s chassis input instantaneous.
The new seating position places the car’s center of gravity close to the driver’s inside hip, so the car literally turns around the driver. It completely changes the perception of vehicle handling and responsiveness.
Other ride and handling upgrades include:
- Steering ratio improved from 16.25:1 to 15.7:1.
- New eBoost brakes that are more precise and tunable.
- The first sports car application of Michelin’s all-season performance tire that can corner at nearly 1G.
- Front suspension lift that raises ground clearance by approximately 40mm at the front bumper in 2.8 seconds, protecting against bumps, potholes, steep driveways and other road disturbances. It can operate at speeds up to 24 mph and be programmed to work automatically through GPS to remember up to 1,000 locations.
Launch control aided by the rear weight distribution, enabling the new Stingray to get off the line quicker than any Corvette in history.
Z51 Performance Package, which introduces a host of new technology to the 2020 Stingray:
• Performance suspension with manually adjustable threaded spring seats.
• Larger brake rotors with Z51 logo on calipers.
• Enhanced cooling.
• Specific axle ratio.
• Front brake cooling inlets.
• Performance exhaust.
An electronic limited slip differential integrated into the transaxle that modulates torque between the rear tires, enabling incredible vehicle stability.
A front splitter and open two-piece rear spoiler that add up to a combined 400 pounds of downforce while improving grip when cornering.
Available Magnetic Ride Control 4.0, which reads the road better, providing more precise data through suspension-mounted accelerometers. Its improved electronics respond faster and more smoothly to driver inputs and contribute to class-leading ride quality.
Available Performance Traction Management.
The jewel in the center
The 2020 Stingray’s heart is Chevy’s next-generation 6.2L Small Block V-8 LT2 engine, the only naturally aspirated V-8 in the segment. It will produce 495 horsepower (369 kW) and 470 lb-ft (637 Nm) of torque when equipped with performance exhaust — the most horsepower and torque for any entry Corvette.
The powertrain’s low position enables a low center of gravity for optimal handling. Perhaps the biggest update is found in the lubrication and ventilation system. For the first time ever, the base Stingray will use an engine-mounted dry sump oil system and three scavenge pumps for improved track performance.
During serious track driving, oil volume remains high to avoid diminished performance. The new Stingray’s lateral capability is greatly improved, so the LT2’s dry sump lubrication system had to be redesigned to provide exceptional engine performance even at lateral acceleration levels exceeding 1G in all directions.
A lightweight, 3.2mm-thick glass panel on the rear hatch allows owners to show off the engine. This panel features a cantilevered trailing edge to evacuate heat from the LT2 engine compartment.
Other notable engine characteristics include:
- Jewel-like setting in the rear compartment, visible through the rear glass hatch.
- Every part, including the exhaust system’s wires, tubes, routing fasteners, coolant hoses, exhaust manifold and even the bolts and fasteners, is built with appearance in mind. All engine components were given careful consideration just like the exterior, and even the heat shields are textured.
- A brand-new block and vent system. The centerline of the crankshaft sits an inch lower to the ground where it mates to the transaxle for better handling.
- Low-profile oil pan that reduces mass.
- Oil cooler capacity increased by 25 percent.
- Standard edge Red valve covers.
- A shift of a different kind
The next generation LT2 is paired with Chevrolet’s first eight speed dual-clutch transmission, which provides lightning-fast shifts and excellent power transfer. This transmission is uniquely designed with TREMEC to provide the best of both worlds: the spirited, direct connected feeling of a manual and the premium driving comfort of an automatic. The double-paddle de-clutch feature even allows the driver to disconnect the clutch by holding both paddles for more manual control. Paddle shifters allow drivers to choose a specific gear.
The new Small Block V-8 has a torque curve optimized to take advantage of the bespoke DCT’s lightning-fast shifts. Engineers set the DCT up with a very low first gear to leverage the additional traction to get the car off the line quickly, and its close-ratio gears 2 through 6 keep the engine near the power peak on track. Tall seventh and eighth gears make for easy long-distance cruising with low mechanical stress and excellent fuel economy.
The DCT is mated to a new Electronic Transmission Range Selector. With this electric shifter there’s no mechanical interface between the shift lever and the transmission. The Corvette’s electric shifter incorporates two pull toggles for Reverse and Drive and push buttons for Park, Neutral and Low/Manual. The shifter has been designed to be more attractive and compact than a standard shifter.
All-new technology improves performance and usability
Driver mode choices have been expanded from four to six, allowing drivers to tweak the feel of their Corvettes to their personal preference. The familiar Weather, Tour, Sport and Track modes remain, and there are two new modes:
- MyMode, a configurable setting for preferred driving style that can remain between key cycles.
- Z mode, named after the famed Z06, ZR1 and Z51 Corvette performance packages, is activated through a “Z” button on the steering wheel. This is a single-use mode that takes MyMode configurations one step further, allowing drivers to adjust the engine and transmission as well.
The 2020 Stingray benefits from GM’s new digital vehicle platform, an all-new electronic architecture that enables the adoption of the company’s next generation of technologies. The architecture minimizes wiring while allowing for faster signal transmission between different vehicle systems and the higher resolution screens. The platform enables continuous vehicle improvements through over-the-air updates and enhanced cybersecurity measures.
Other new technology features include:
- Corvette’s next-generation infotainment system is faster and simpler, with a higher resolution display.
- Chevy-first one-touch Bluetooth pairing with Near Field Communication.
- Wireless charging.
- Learn-as-you-go voice recognition.
- Improved real-time traffic.
- A new, 12-inch customizable instrument cluster tailored to all six driver modes.
New electrical features include:
- Driver and passenger seat memory.
- Heated steering wheel.
- Tire fill alert warns the driver when tire meets maximum pressure.
- Two new Bose audio systems: a 10-speaker standard premium system and available 14-speaker Bose Performance Series system. Speaker grilles are integrated into lower door trim for a refined look that also helps guard against damage from footwear.
- The industry-pioneering Performance Data Recorder, an advanced driving analysis tool upgraded with high-definition resolution camera and a new, in-vehicle user interface. Customers can record both circuit and point-to-point road courses. The PDR can be set to auto-record like a dash cam that starts a recording every time the Corvette is running, or configured to only start when the car is set to Valet mode.